2020 Regional Finals Registration
IAC is pleased to announce the Fall 2020 Regional Finals as a replacement for the cancelled Spring 2020 Regional Finals. The link to register is at the bottom of this page – please make sure you read the information presented here in its entirety before you register.
These events are to take the place of the Regional Finals sites that were cancelled at the onset of the Covid-19 outbreak in the US. Please review the criteria listed below to determine your eligibility to compete in this event.
- If you competed at a Regional Final site in February or March 2020, you are not eligible to compete at this event.
- Only students who qualified for the Regional Finals based off their ORQE results (from exams taken between November 2019 and February 2020) are eligible to compete, and will compete in the grade level they were enrolled in on March 1, 2020. This means current Ninth Grade students are eligible to compete in the Eighth Grade division.
- If you are unsure as to whether your student qualified, please email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE registering. If you register and are not qualified, a $10 processing fee will apply when issuing your refund.
- National History Bee: Preliminary rounds will be held Sunday, October 18 and Monday, October 19. Playoffs will be held Sunday, October 25 and Monday, October 26.
- National Science Bee: Preliminary rounds will be held Sunday, November 1 and Monday, November 2. Playoffs will be held Sunday, November 8 and Monday, November 9.
- US Academic Bee: Preliminary rounds will be held Sunday, November 15 and Monday, November 16. Playoffs will be held Sunday, November 22 and Monday, November 23.
Competition times are based on your time zone – make sure you understand the correct start time for your event(s).
- Eastern Time: All Sunday events will begin at 2:30pm Eastern. All Monday events will begin at 5:00pm Eastern.
- Central Time: All Sunday events will begin at 1:30pm Central. All Monday events will begin at 4:00pm Central.
- Mountain Time: All Sunday events will begin at 3:30pm Mountain. All Monday events will begin at 6:00pm Mountain.
- Pacific Time: All Sunday events will begin at 2:30pm Pacific. All Monday events will begin at 5:00pm Pacific.
Important Note on Sunday/Monday Selection: Students who select Sunday will only be assigned to Sunday matches; students who select Mondays will only be assigned to Monday matches. If you select “No Preference”, IAC staff will assign you within 48 hours following the close of registration for each event.
Registrations for each event will close at 11:59pm Eastern / 10:59pm Central / 9:59pm Mountain / 8:59pm Pacific on Sunday one week before the first preliminary match day, as listed below:
- National History Bee: Sunday, October 11
- National Science Bee: Sunday, October 25
- US Academic Bee: Sunday, November 8
New! Nalgene® Water Bottles
Interested in adding a National History Bee or National Science Bee Nalgene® bottle to your registration? Pick your bottle on the registration form. Once ordered, we are unable to process any changes or returns.
Refunds requested before the registration deadline will be issued minus a $10 processing fee per transaction. After the registration deadline has passed, we are not able to offer refunds.
Note: For schools entering 10 students or more and/or for schools unable to pay by credit or debit card, we offer the option to register by filling up a google form and sending us a list of your students rather than entering one registration per student through the form below. This is only available to teachers registering groups or students. You can find more information about that registration method here.