1. COVID-19 Mask and Vaccination Policies for In-Person Events
Until further notice, all IAC events will require all participants (students, staff, and spectators) to wear masks while in attendance. IAC requires all staff in the United States, regardless of their residence or tournament location, to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 before being scheduled to work any IAC events. In addition, IAC will require proof of vaccination for all students and spectators age 12 and older when arriving at events, consistent with local and state regulations. Any questions regarding these policies should be directed to email@example.com.
2. IGC/IHO 2022 Date and Location Changes
Our planned host for both the 2022 International Geography Championships and International History Olympiad (Université Laval) has informed us that they are unable to guarantee the number of spaces originally contracted for IGC and IHO during the summer of 2022; as a result, both the International Geography Championships and International History Olympiad will be moving to the United States for 2022.
The 2022 International Geography Championships will be held July 3 – 10 in Burlington, Vermont. The 2022 International History Olympiad will be held July 25 – August 1 in the New York metro area. More information about the exact locations and updated event schedules will be posted in the coming weeks at geochampionships.com and historyolympiad.com, respectively.
3. Facebook Group for Coaches and Sponsors
We have launched a new Facebook group for coaches and sponsors affiliated with IAC to share tips and resources with each other. The group is open to new coaches and sponsors, as well as those who have been involved for years! You can join the group using this link.
4. Varsity and Junior Varsity Updates
IAC will resume in-person Varsity & Junior Varsity regional tournaments on Saturday, October 30. Registration for all tournaments that have already been scheduled can be found at iacompetitions.com/registration. Regional tournament costs can be found here, and costs for the 2022 Varsity and Junior Varsity National Championships can be found here.
We will also be offering a C Set National History Bee and Bowl regional tournament online on December 11 and 12, 2021. The tournament schedule and registration form can be found here. Please note that this event costs more than the in-person regionals due to additional logistical needs, and that teams are generally not expected to provide readers for online events.
5. Elementary and Middle School Updates
Registration for sponsor accounts and the free Online Regional Qualifying Exams (ORQEs) are now available for the 2021-22 competition season at orqe.iac-exams.com. Registered sponsors can also access the Intramural questions for (optional) school-based auditorium-style events in their sponsor accounts.
The 2022 Regional Finals season will run from mid-January to early May, and students will be notified in two waves of their qualification status:
- Students who take exams on or before Monday, November 22 will have their scores marked as either “Qualified” or “Pending” by Monday, November 29.
- Students whose exams are still marked as “Pending” on or after Monday, November 29 or who take exams between Tuesday, November 23 and Monday, January 24 will have their exams marked as either “Qualified” or “Not Qualified” by Monday, January 31.
6. 2022 National Championship Tournaments
The dates and locations for both US National Championships are listed here for planning purposes. Please note that the event schedules for both National Championships have not yet been published, and IAC advises against making any travel arrangements for those events at this time.
- April 21-24, 2022: Varsity & Junior Varsity National Championships (Crystal Gateway Marriott | Arlington, Virginia)
- June 17-20, 2022: Elementary and Middle School National Championships (Hyatt Regency Orlando | Orlando, Florida)