International Academic Competitions is pleased to announce that its 2020 Middle School and Elementary School National Championships will be held on June 12-15, 2020 (Friday through Monday) at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Rosemont, Illinois, next to Chicago.
June 12-15, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Rosemont, IL
9300 W Bryn Mawr Ave, Rosemont, IL 60018
Map & Directions
A current schedule of events * and their start times at International Academic Competitions’ 2020 Middle & Elementary School National Championships, is now available for download here.
* = This version is up to date as of January 15, 2020. IAC reserves the right to make slight adjustments to the schedule in the lead up to Nationals if it is in the best interests of the tournament. However, if changes are made, they will be minor, and will not affect travel plans that people will have already made.
- Fill out this page with the number of students participating in each event. All students must have pre-qualified for each individual event, except for the National Humanities Bee, and the History and Science exams, which do not require pre-qualification. You can find more information about the exams on offer here.
- Click on the shopping cart in the upper right corner of the page. You will then be taken to check out, at which point you will also enter the names of the students and chaperones who will be coming to the National Championships.
- All participating students and their families must use the link below to book rooms per our policy. Staying at an official hotel is required for those arriving from outside a 3 hour radius from the competition location. The following hotel is currently available:
Hyatt Regency O’Hare – $149 (king) a night 0r $159 (double/double). Rooms must be booked through this link. If you prefer booking by calling Hyatt, please give them this group name: 2020 International Academic Competitions.
If this block fills up, we will secure additional blocks at nearby hotels.
- There are no caps on the sizes of teams at Nationals, but of course no more than four students can play at any given time on a team. Teams may carry as many substitute players as they wish.
- No discounts are available for bringing buzzers. If your school is interested in providing experienced coaches as readers at Nationals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about possible reader discounts, which will be handled on a case by case basis.
- You can find more details about how to qualify here.
- Please note that some science and history exams conflict with other events. See this link to see their schedule here.
Official National Championships Refund Policy:
- Refund requested on or before May 27 (registration deadline) – refunded in full minus $25 processing fee.
- Refund requested between May 27 and June 4 – 50% refund.
- Refund requested after June 4 – no refund.
Nationals will be held together with the National Championships of the National History Bee and Bowl, the National Science Bee, National Humanities Bee, the US Academic Bee and Bowl, and the Middle School and Elementary School National Championships of the US Geography Championships and International Geography Bee.
Thanks, and good luck in qualifying! We hope to see you at Nationals in June!